Newest Comments-Top 100-Hot 100
Today's call was the newest version of the IRS/TIGTA scam on my voicemail.    10:33 AM PDT

A very polished female voice claiming to be from the IRS!

She instructed me to call 347-389-0029 for instructions.    It was busy.    So am I.    Here are ways to report these criminals.

IRS Impersonation Scam Reporting:

TIGTA Home:

Other Links:
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx    {Internet fraud}

Save all your records.    These criminals might get caught!
Let's fight back (Mount Laurel, United States) Apr 16 2015, 5:19 pm Post

WARNING, complete psycho. threatens bodily harm, harasses, ect. Black
Guest (United Kingdom) Apr 16 2015, 1:00 pm Post

Similar to other numbers that have called from Columbus, Ohio.    The others have been business loans, free cruises, or any other offer that requires giving personal information.    I now have a SENTRY blocker and love cancelling these idiots.
Jim (Morristown, United States) Apr 15 2015, 5:35 pm Post

Do not call violators, repeat calls: "contractor in area" scam.
SFOFU (Mount Laurel, United States) Apr 14 2015, 4:43 pm Post

They want to put a sign in my yard and install a security system
Christine (23.114.41.*) Apr 14 2015, 2:16 pm Post

Claim to be given numbers, names and addresses by Govt in connection with grants for house insulation.    Wouldn't give the conditions of the grant, but wanted to come to inspect the house.
Registered with TPS so this shouldn't happen.Caller: EIS Energy
Call Type: Telemarketer
David Rowan (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) Oct 31 2011, 9:21 am Post

Received a missed call from this number, did not leave message!
Guest (United States) Apr 14 2015, 3:12 am Post

Left a voice mail offering business loans.
Jim (Morristown, United States) Apr 13 2015, 5:23 pm Post

he used the name Luis, he books fake appts as a prank
Guest (United Kingdom) Apr 12 2015, 5:57 pm Post

DNA DNS BEWARE!!!!! NOT SAFE!!!! He will try to break the condom and then say it was from your BJ when it wasn't and it was him that did it. I heard him snap it and automatic checked. He will try. DO NOT SEE!!!!!*
Guest (Brooklyn, United States) Apr 12 2015, 1:25 pm Post

Got a call last night
. (United States) Jan 5 2013, 1:17 pm Post

It's very weird. I believe they said my name which is scary.
Yvonne (Campbell, United States) Apr 11 2015, 5:43 pm Post

Received series of calls from this number every four minutes, starting at 6:48 AM , until i disconnected my phone.    When i answered or when my machine answered, there was only a odd beep--similar to a phone alarm clock.    Upon talking to my phone provider, I learned that scammers are able to MIMIC phone numbers of legitimate agencies.    Of course, when we tried to call the number back, message said it was disconnected.    However, the state of Oregon would not be calling anyone that early in the morning.
jane (Grants Pass, United States) Apr 11 2015, 1:29 pm Post

This is a total scam. They said they got errors from my Microsoft Laptop. I don't even own one! Since I'm an Apple user he implied I was lying to him and tried to tell me they have proof that I own one and he needs to connect to it immediately...RIGHT!
Jonathan (172.248.131.*) Apr 10 2015, 3:39 pm Post

Recording, claimed to be a collection agency.    The caller ID just said "private number" and the recording instructed me to call back on a 800 number, but the number I was given was no good.
BOB (Milton FL) Apr (Navarre, United States) Apr 10 2015, 3:27 pm Post

They are sending me emails about jobs at Microsoft, but I am very suspicious because too many scammers have called me in the past trying to get more information. One of them asked about the last 4 digits of my social security. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? How dare she... You know that if you give them that and they may have your cc number, they can potential get cash advances etc... I also jumped on their website which appeared to be legitimate. When I decided to call the numbers on the page, they were phony.
BE VERY CAREFUL...
Guest (Sammamish, United States) Apr 10 2015, 12:05 pm Post

used the name Cain, books multiple fake appointments and gets off on seeing how much time he can waste. Black
Guest (United Kingdom) Apr 9 2015, 12:44 pm Post

"Brittany" from Adobe - an invitation to a Digital Marketing Summit. She wanted to give a $200 discount on the $2295(!!!) price. She also said if I register on line to check the box that I have attended before - I haven't and never would.
Diana (Saint Paul, United States) Jan 31 2013, 9:27 am Post

BEWARE!!! DNA DNS. Smells like bacon. Talks way to much and refuses to cooperate with screening*
Guest (Brooklyn, United States) Apr 8 2015, 10:41 pm Post

This person has been texting my daughter before and after her marriage. This person said that they want her and knows where she lives and that they have been there before.    They know her husband,s name and are saying inappropriate things about him.    I told my daughter not to respond and to save the texts.
Magic Jack user (United States) May 8 2011, 4:40 am Post

I have had this happen to me twice. I had it happen last night at 2am and its still going on. I want to press harassment charges. They claim that they want to get to know me. Im married and have no clue how he got this number. If anyone has any leads please repost on here.
Annie (Morgantown, United States) Oct 2 2012, 5:48 pm Post

Call came in on 4.7.15 at 8 p.m.-repeated my first name at least 2 times-female voice -- sounded like a "bot" - when I finally answered -- female said something about protecting unborn children, then proceeded to use the word "abortion."
Guest (Niles, United States) Apr 7 2015, 9:22 pm Post

these calls are comming on my cell phone, where do they get our cell numbers. sorry i don't answer any unknown numbers    ever. on any phone    especially if caller ide says unknown name, unknown number
monty Rob (Palmerton, United States) Apr 7 2015, 3:25 pm Post

They said they are involved in Pro-Choice.
Greg (Fremont, United States) Apr 7 2015, 2:14 pm Post

they are calling about solar energy.
Greg (Fremont, United States) Apr 7 2015, 2:08 pm Post

United American Insurance agency.
Greg (Fremont, United States) Apr 7 2015, 2:04 pm Post

The jackass is still at it
Dave P (Utica, United States) Apr 7 2015, 12:19 pm Post

They keep calling at all hours!
I can't seem to block them.
Voice sounds like a Habeebee chat room.
RJ (Frederick, United States) Apr 7 2015, 11:53 am Post

Psyco john poirer he calls hookers all day long and Also tries to comment I'm defense on these websites
lexi (Mountain View, United States) Jul 12 2014, 2:38 am Post

This person convinced my 14 years old daughter that she loves her, she gave her this number, when I calles the number it was not in service!!!! Very suspicious and illegal activities to fool teen girl to escape by her self to meet her in LA area....out of words
Thank God, we found our daughter, God forbid when she will try again
Sara (United States) Apr 5 2015, 12:46 am Post

Got a call from this guy a little while ago from number 661-748-0240, asked me if my computer was working ok. I told him it was working fine. He then said that My Window Vista was not working. Well I am on Windows vista right now and it working fine. Just another scam. How can we stop these people from calling us?
Mike (Prescott, United States) Apr 4 2015, 4:43 pm Post

Started with a cell number - then switched to this messenger ID - really strange.     I sent a message saying the number registered as a scam alert.
Lisa (Yonkers, United States) Apr 2 2015, 3:47 pm Post

Goodyear Tire employee benefits call center. Thick Accent and overly articulated words and less than average use of the language suggests India as the origin.
Guest (Price, United States) Apr 2 2015, 2:50 pm Post

Something about they claim you visited their website and they have a $100 gift card for you.
Greg (Pacifica, United States) Apr 2 2015, 1:51 pm Post

I am getting calls every night, 10 pm, 12, 1 a.m. It says MVP and is a fax signal.
Guest (High Falls, United States) Apr 2 2015, 1:45 pm Post

this person is a scam I returned his phone call went over 50 times I want to cross the person was behind thisI hope they get caught something needs to be done
Guest (United States) Apr 2 2015, 11:29 am Post

vanquis bank rings all day and night wen you answer they put phone down wish they would stop
guest (Manchester, United Kingdom) Apr 23 2012, 5:11 am Post

Its degree match for college
Guest (United States) Jan 30 2013, 5:18 pm Post

IRS scam call threatens arrest
Guest (Pittsburgh, United States) Mar 31 2015, 6:58 pm Post

called me and played music...
LK (Minneapolis, United States) Mar 31 2015, 5:56 pm Post

Called pretended to be a close relative that was in a DUI and being arrested said sounded funny because broken nose.    Called husband by name and was crying
Guest (Almonte, Canada) Mar 31 2015, 3:32 pm Post

Called and hung up. 1st time. Other comments say it is a Skype #. + 661 area code was from a phishing site.
nobody (198.105.212.*) Mar 31 2015, 1:56 pm Post

Will call and threaten you all day long!!! Leaves threatening messages and tries to say you have a large amount of money you owe them. All my bills are paid and I owe no one!!! This crap must stop!!! They call from 312.625.9314
Guest (United States) Mar 31 2015, 1:51 pm Post

I got a text saying that I was approved for lower monthly student loan payments.    I didn't do this
me (Springville, United States) Mar 5 2015, 1:25 pm Post

Scam this Person name    is
Mrs. Buie, she takes our information off a internet file and cons you into paying one your judgments off through money-gram>??>? really,, scammer
Caller: private phone
Call Type: Telemarketer
Dean (Canada) Mar 30 2015, 2:15 pm Post

JUST HAD A CALL FROM    01476512190. THE CALLER ASKED TO SPEAK TO MY HUSBAND WHEN I SAID HE WAS IN HOSPITAL SHE SAID " NO PROBLEM " . I TOLD HER IT WAS AND DIDN'T LIKE HER ATTITUDE.    INSENSITIVE OR WHAT !!!!!!!!
ANNOYED (Columbus, United States) Mar 30 2015, 4:41 am Post

received this call today...called Wells Fargo, and it was the fraud dept. An unauthorized charge was denied, and rightly so...I put a stop on any further charges by this online company.
Guest (Portland, United States) Jan 20 2013, 2:17 pm Post

I work for WF, it IS the fraud prevention dept calling to verify recent activity on your WF card.
guest (Fort Mill, United States) Jul 12 2012, 12:43 am Post

Just verified with WF:    that number is NOT in their system.
Guest (Greenwood, United States) Mar 29 2015, 2:31 pm Post

One African and later one Indian, IRS scam -- this is from calling the 209 call back number mentioned in the original call.
Gfth (Salisbury, United States) Mar 28 2015, 9:23 pm Post