Newest Comments-Top 100-Hot 100
The calls coming from this phone number are likely a SCAM.
Many people are reporting these calls with the following in
their caller ID: Louise Moreau, Matthew, Pierce and Lloyd
(commercial debt recovery specialists) and Florida.

This sounds very similar to the warning from the BBB regarding SCAMMERS who are using the phone numbers of regular people and small businesses in an attempt to
entire people into picking up the phone.

Sadly, Louise Moreau and Matthews, Pierce and Lloyd
have most probably joined the ranks of other people
and businesses who have also had their phone numbers
recently hi-jacked (spoofed):    a florist in cape coral, FL;
a florist in naples, FL; a child care center in Zephyrhills,
Fl, a 77 year old man in venice, FL; an 86 year old woman
in Haines City, FL; a carpet business in fort myers, FL
and an Italian family business in tampa, fl.
Don't answer your phone no matter what the caller ID
says.
anonymous (Tampa, United States) Sep 30 2014, 1:06 am Post

this # calls everyday and never leaves a message or anything i call back asking to get # taken off and they say they calling forsomeone that used to have this #
p-$sed off (Mount Laurel, United States) Sep 29 2014, 7:04 pm Post

As I answered the phone with a 'hello' the woman on the other end was clearly having a conversation with someone in her call center 'if you're looking for something to freak out about ....' Was what I heard. I said hello again and she hung up. Annoying to receive calls when on the do not call list - very frustrating!!
Jane (Naperville, United States) Sep 29 2014, 5:42 pm Post

This is a scam number
Guest (Mount Laurel, United States) Sep 28 2014, 11:53 pm Post

Reported unwanted hangup call that bypassed my Caller ID from (520)-829-5868 VoIP phone from Tucson, AZ to DONOTCALL.GOV that called Thurs. 9/11/14 at 8:40pm & called again Sun. 9/14/14 at 11:03am - I never answer harassing calls on my Unlisted Phone - Message to Scammer/Harassers: DO NOT CALL.
Unlisted (United States) Sep 28 2014, 11:24 pm Post

This number called my husband's cell phone before 6 a.m. on a Sunday morning, then about 15 minutes later called my cell phone.    Our phones are on the do not call registry.    Said our Mastercard could not be used to make out of state purchases anymore unless we dialed 1 to procede.    I hung up.    Get very frustrated with all these stupid calls :(
Mary (Greensboro, United States) Sep 28 2014, 8:19 am Post

it is a polling number. They call even if you are on the no call list
normon (Andover, United States) Sep 27 2014, 5:35 pm Post

We got a call from this number and scam my friend in QUERÉTARO, mexico they said that they were in Guadalajara then we received the call from San Miguel de Allende. Asking for money they spoke perfect English. I hope it helps totally. SPAM.
Guest (Aguascalientes, Mexico) Sep 27 2014, 2:46 pm Post

This sounds like a SCAM CALL.    Lots of people receiving
calls from this number.    Different householders are being
told different things:    electric bill is not paid, free energy
audit, stuff about insurance, auto warranties, you have
zero credit, etc.     Also use caution with phone number,
305-442-8770
anonymous (Tampa, United States) Sep 27 2014, 10:57 am Post

They are calling about solar energy for your home.
Greg (Fremont, United States) Sep 26 2014, 8:58 pm Post

They want to talk to you about lowering your energy costs.
Greg (Fremont, United States) Sep 26 2014, 8:51 pm Post

Political survey (recorded message) concerning issues
in Florida for the November election
anonymous (Tampa, United States) Sep 26 2014, 5:56 pm Post

NOT Reserved For Future Toll-free Telephone, US ... IT IS ALREADY BEEN USED BY SOMEONE OR SOMETHING !!!
JC (Houston, United States) Sep 26 2014, 3:11 pm Post

The recorded message when I rang the number which rang me said it was Stockton Borough Council but left no message.
R W (United Kingdom) Sep 26 2014, 2:36 pm Post

It's now Sept.2014 and it's still going on. The person on the receiving end (an employee at our place of business) has repeatedly told them to stop calling, but to no avail. What recourse do we have???
Renee' (Green Bay, United States) Sep 26 2014, 1:21 pm Post

Losers scum of    the earth . They are scammers!! Hope someone finds out who these idiots are.
Fed Up (Denham Springs, United States) Sep 26 2014, 11:15 am Post

This number has been calling my workplace repeatedly at all hours- when pick up no answer or recording.    If dont answer call u back.    Please report to authorities.
Guest (Clifton, United States) Sep 25 2014, 9:39 pm Post

books fake appts as a prank call...said his name was brian
Guest (Healdsburg, United States) Sep 25 2014, 9:05 pm Post

I have been getting several calls/text from unknowns recently. This was the first from Iowa...hmm. No message left.
Jan (Seminole, United States) Sep 25 2014, 4:47 pm Post

Female caller offered a $100 gift card , a $50 dining card and a package of free samples. She then asked for my name, address and date of birth to send them. Then she said it would cost $1.95 for shipping, and she needed my credit card number, at which point I terminated the call. This call originated in Washington, D.C., at a number which appears to be a switchboard or proxy of some sort. Dialing the number gets something which sounds like a multi-client customer service call center switchboard, but when you request to speak to a representative, it tells you they are all busy and asks you to leave a message. A tone, sounding like a household answering machine, follows.
Guest (United States) Sep 24 2014, 8:18 pm Post

They're a debt collector.    If you don't owe any bills, then file a complaint with your state Office of Attorney General, Consumer Protection.
Anon (Winston Salem, United States) Sep 24 2014, 3:08 pm Post

I got a call with same number 024799000, i am not so sure what really happened when I tried to dial the number and did not even ring yet but I lost P8 load .
mc (Quezon City) (Makati, Philippines) Sep 24 2014, 9:53 am Post

This number calls from early morning to late at night. Seriously frustrating.
annoyed (Topeka, United States) Sep 23 2014, 9:53 pm Post

Got a call from this number at 2:20 pm Central Time.    When I answered the phone, it rang back to them.    Am familiar with the call back scam.    The guy that answered on the other end had a DEEP Indian Accent and told me that he was with the United States Government and that he had a Federal Education Grant for me.    He got snotty when I told him I didn't want it and not to call me again.    He kept trying to get me to listen to him spew his line of garbage and I kept telling him goodbye.    Guess he got tired of me talking over him and he said goodbye and called me an @sshole.

So, after I hung up, I did a quick search of Area Codes for the United States and (222) came back as an invalid area code.

I am posting this on as many sites like this one so everyone will have some type of warning about these people.    I didn't let him finish his bull, but I'm pretty sure he would have gotten around to asking for my Bank Information, which he would never get out of my mouth if he had asked...    NEVER GIVE ANYONE YOUR BANK, CREDIT CARD or any other type of information.    These people are scammers and will rob you blind...
Anthony D. Ambuehl, (Omaha, United States) Sep 23 2014, 3:38 pm Post

Keep getting calls from this number..no messages left.!
Guest (United States) May 15 2011, 2:40 pm Post

I received the same call.. however he asked me for the last 4 of my social & then my drivers license.. When I told him I am disabled & haven't worked in years so how can it be that 'I've paid my taxes on time", he said from years past, then proceeded to ask me for my credit card info & or banking info.
Lisa (United States) Sep 23 2014, 11:15 am Post

I wonder why these calls are allowed in when I signed up for my number to be on a no call number.
Betty (Penrose, United States) Sep 22 2014, 7:31 pm Post

This is a Political Robo Call with a recorded message.
Survey of Issues Facing Florida in the November Election.
anonymous (Tampa, United States) Sep 22 2014, 7:21 pm Post

I had call from them today and no one as got my number
Guest (London, United Kingdom) Sep 22 2014, 2:15 pm Post

Called wife's mobile but wasn't answered. When called back number was busy. Suspicious.
Jim (Bourne, United Kingdom) Sep 22 2014, 10:41 am Post

Jim (Bourne, United Kingdom) Sep 22 2014, 10:41 am Post

SCAM:    claims they are raising funds for some Fire Fighter charity for burn victims, but the guy was hard to understand.    Didn't sound bad until he wanted my credit card number to take my contribution over the phone, and didn't want to give me an address so I could mail them a check, which is a BIG SCAM ALERT.    DON'T FALL FOR IT.
Greg (Fremont, United States) Sep 21 2014, 2:27 am Post

National Rifle Association (NRA)
Greg (Fremont, United States) Sep 21 2014, 2:19 am Post

This number, 727-914-1753 is a SPOOFED NUMBER.
Caller claims to be representing Fl State Troopers Union,
soliciting donations.     I think that SPOOFED NUMBER
says it all.
anonymous (Tampa, United States) Sep 20 2014, 6:25 pm Post

This is a solicited call from Wyndham Resort company. They are a parent company of Econo-Lodge and Super 8 and a number of other motels and hotels across the country. If you stayed at one of their places ever they will call you relentlessly. I just took a cross country trip from Arizona to NC and stayed at two Super 8's and an Econo-Lodge. I left a horrible review for the Econo-Lodge in Memphis, Arkansas and they've been calling me ever since to get me to remove the review.
A-Train (Harmony, United States) Sep 20 2014, 12:39 pm Post

To make it known my name is Sabrina my sorry husband got that b:-tch pregnant she blame David newsome because he told told on them
Guest (United States) Jun 18 2014, 4:42 pm Post

Marcus you must be the dumb b:-tch he is fu&*ing right now. He is not a good nigga, he lies and steals from everyone he comes in contact with. Have you seen his criminal record? Check it out. And whoever constructed the previous sentences is dumb as hell. Instead of focusing on a dumb***like David Newsome. You need to redirect your attention to elementary school. That's where you learn sentence structure.
Sister of Same (United States) Jun 18 2014, 10:35 pm Post

do not know why this number called
lf ghaw (108.181.207.*) Sep 19 2014, 4:53 pm Post

Got a call from 562-401-5940 to call 866-352-4737 for a message from Kaiser.
Guest (United States) May 21 2011, 11:10 pm Post

This number is a solicitation number. Don't answer. If you try the number you will get a busy signal
Guest (Woodburn, United States) Sep 19 2014, 1:31 pm Post

man named bob stated quicken loans
Guest (United States) Sep 19 2014, 10:15 am Post

Keeps calling to speak to Finance Director but never leaves a message
Guest (United Kingdom) Sep 19 2014, 5:23 am Post

This is the old virus scam.    Someone claims to be with Microsoft and says they have detected a virus in your computer that they have to fix and then will try to get you to give them access to your computer where they will download all information from it.    Don't even waste your time calling it back as you will only get a recording saying the number has been changed, is no longer in service or disconnected.
Greg (Fremont, United States) Sep 19 2014, 2:30 am Post

Cavity wall Insulation firm, trying to tout business.
Gary (Heswall, United Kingdom) Sep 18 2014, 9:46 am Post

Got a postcard I the mail claiming to be from MGM to spend a free weekend in Vegas at the MGM Resorts. The flier states to call this number and use an RSVP code, but there's no RSVP on the postcard. I think it's a scam.
Denise (Lancaster, United States) Sep 18 2014, 2:13 am Post

I've had various calls from this number to my land line Never a message and I don't answer numbers I don't recognize
mirren (Aguascalientes, Mexico) Sep 17 2014, 8:11 pm Post

I'm guessing bill collector since I had major surgery and am somewhat behind
cola (Columbia, United States) Sep 17 2014, 5:05 pm Post

On 09/16/2014, woman called to offer air duct cleaning svc for $40 using a different (408) ph# - a # that is disconnected if you attempt to call it; then, they called to confirm appointment from a 2nd unlisted number, this time using a So. Cal prefix - the idiot on this line had a heavy accent and when we advised we were cancelling the appointment, he became abusive and verbally assaultive, and screamed that it was "illegal" to cancel the service!    Unbelievable, we received a 3rd call today from this number to follow up.    They appear to prey on the elderly, so watch out - total scum sucking scam trash.
Lina (San Jose, United States) Sep 17 2014, 3:29 pm Post

I have been getting calls from this number now for a couple of weeks and when I answer they say my email address has been used to ask for money for some fund or other? I told them the email address they told me was an old one of mine, I had not used for over 6 years and that it is all    nonsense and put the phone down on them. Told one off for ringing me a few times and said how fed up I was of it all and again put the phone down. Today I received one and when I put the phone down, the woman rang again asking me why I had put the phone down? Of course I put it down again exasperated with them all! They certainly need reporting. Disgusting.
lucia (Dunfermline, United Kingdom) Sep 17 2014, 3:11 pm Post

This company has called us several times wanting us to advertise for the local school. I inquired more about this as I am an alumi of the local school in question. Apparently, back in my day(which was early 2000's so not that long ago) they yearbook staff would go around to the local businesses and solicit advertising space. Now, they hire this company out of Dallas/Fort Worth/Euless area to phone solicit for the yearbook/sports teams/ etc.
Steph (Prescott, United States) Sep 17 2014, 12:45 pm Post