Newest Comments-Top 100-Hot 100
Cavity wall Insulation firm, trying to tout business.
Gary (Heswall, United Kingdom) Sep 18 2014, 9:46 am Post

Got a postcard I the mail claiming to be from MGM to spend a free weekend in Vegas at the MGM Resorts. The flier states to call this number and use an RSVP code, but there's no RSVP on the postcard. I think it's a scam.
Denise (Lancaster, United States) Sep 18 2014, 2:13 am Post

I've had various calls from this number to my land line Never a message and I don't answer numbers I don't recognize
mirren (Aguascalientes, Mexico) Sep 17 2014, 8:11 pm Post

I'm guessing bill collector since I had major surgery and am somewhat behind
cola (Columbia, United States) Sep 17 2014, 5:05 pm Post

On 09/16/2014, woman called to offer air duct cleaning svc for $40 using a different (408) ph# - a # that is disconnected if you attempt to call it; then, they called to confirm appointment from a 2nd unlisted number, this time using a So. Cal prefix - the idiot on this line had a heavy accent and when we advised we were cancelling the appointment, he became abusive and verbally assaultive, and screamed that it was "illegal" to cancel the service!    Unbelievable, we received a 3rd call today from this number to follow up.    They appear to prey on the elderly, so watch out - total scum sucking scam trash.
Lina (San Jose, United States) Sep 17 2014, 3:29 pm Post

I have been getting calls from this number now for a couple of weeks and when I answer they say my email address has been used to ask for money for some fund or other? I told them the email address they told me was an old one of mine, I had not used for over 6 years and that it is all    nonsense and put the phone down on them. Told one off for ringing me a few times and said how fed up I was of it all and again put the phone down. Today I received one and when I put the phone down, the woman rang again asking me why I had put the phone down? Of course I put it down again exasperated with them all! They certainly need reporting. Disgusting.
lucia (Dunfermline, United Kingdom) Sep 17 2014, 3:11 pm Post

This company has called us several times wanting us to advertise for the local school. I inquired more about this as I am an alumi of the local school in question. Apparently, back in my day(which was early 2000's so not that long ago) they yearbook staff would go around to the local businesses and solicit advertising space. Now, they hire this company out of Dallas/Fort Worth/Euless area to phone solicit for the yearbook/sports teams/ etc.
Steph (Prescott, United States) Sep 17 2014, 12:45 pm Post

These idiots called me this morning and said there was something wrong with my computer. He said his name was "Edward". They called before offering the same scam. I told him he was full of s**t and hung up. The next time they call, I'll bust an eardrum with my referee's whistle blown in in their ear. "Say hello to my little friend!"
jkmb (Lansdale, United States) Sep 17 2014, 11:45 am Post

legitimate call from GE Money regarding some unusual activity they wanted to confirm on our Banana Republic Credit Card.
Greg (Fremont, United States) Sep 16 2014, 8:07 pm Post

telemarketing some cruise offer.
Greg (Fremont, United States) Sep 16 2014, 8:03 pm Post

This showed up on my ID as Jmark, but it could be National Renewable Energy, A1 Solar Power or John Ferreira.    They are related and selling solar energy.
Greg (Fremont, United States) Sep 16 2014, 7:53 pm Post

Jehovahs Witness solicitation. Second call in two weeks.
Guest (Minneapolis, United States) Sep 16 2014, 4:49 pm Post

get calls from this number several times aday and night.
Tired of it , We do not have anthing in collections and it needs to stop
glenn (Spring, United States) Sep 16 2014, 3:11 pm Post

Actually not bogus. They raise money not for the firefighters themselves, but to send severely burned children to a special camp that is run by the state's firefighters. The bands donate time so that as much funds as possible go to Camp Phoenix here in TN. The firefighters don't control the local and state government's spending. They see a gap that truly needs filled so these children and heal both mentally and physically. That's why they do it. Because right now no one else is.
See the links below for more information on TN.

Knoxville Firefighters Association http://knoxvillefirefighters.com/About_Us.html

Knoxville Firefighters Association Camp Phoenix http://www.tnfbf.org/Camp-Phoenix.html

Children Burn Survivors Enjoy Camping Experience
A Phillips (198.57.94.*) Sep 16 2014, 2:59 pm Post

They call and when you return the call...there is nothing but silence...no person
Guest (United States) Sep 16 2014, 1:53 pm Post

They refuse to identify them selves and state they are not a collection agency.     They have called them selves Receovery State Solutions and as well as State to Stae Processing Remedation.    They say there address is 3467 Lannie Road, Dodge County, GA. 32217.    They don't have a website or email address or they refuse to give it to you.
Scamy (United States) Sep 16 2014, 12:53 pm Post

I got a call from 703-485-8709 last week telling me I entered a contest @ motorcycle show, which I NEVER attended. I hung up & BLOCKED the number. They can do a wheelie into the sunset.lolol
Sahara (United States) Sep 16 2014, 12:36 pm Post

Been getting frequent calls from this number. Claims to be calling from Discover Card Services and sometimes leaves a message with contact information. It may not be legit, so I continue to ignore the calls.
Guest (Honolulu, United States) Sep 15 2014, 9:23 pm Post

Trying to say they are from Mega Million dollar lottery and want me to buy a 399 dollar gift card which they will come pick up today in exchange for the winning check for 9.5 million.
Guest (United States) Sep 15 2014, 9:06 am Post

Lisa Moor states that she is working with the office of Mega Millions of Calif.and we need to send $$$$$. To pay for Fees, before we can get our $$$$$. Wach out do not get taken with this Scam.
LYNDA (Belfair, United States) Sep 13 2014, 5:09 pm Post

no person at other end, but they called several times
Annoyed (United States) Sep 13 2014, 4:05 pm Post

This is likely a SCAM caller.    The number, 239-243-9482,
belongs to a florist in Naples, Florida.    A florist in Naples
has no reason to be randomly calling people.

In May, 2014, the same thing occurred.    The phone number
for a florist, Matlacha Isle Flowers in Cape Coral, FL was
also showing up in peoples' caller ID's.    However, the
phone number, 239-243-9481, had been hi-jacked by
scammers.    People who picked up their phones were
being asked to donate to Fl State Troopers (yep, that
scam again).     The caller had used the phone number
of the florist in the caller ID to trick the householder into
picking up the phone.

The BBB has warned of this SCAM quite some time ago....
The use of regular phone numbers in the caller ID to fool
people into thinking the call is "normal" and to pick up the
phone.    Don't fall for it.    If you start to see a lot of strange
numbers in your caller ID for......florists......day care centers... small family businesses in Tampa, Florida,
elderly people living in mobile home parks, etc......or
any other calls that look normal.......but just seem odd
(like you are getting a lot of them now)......chances are
its a SCAMMER on the other end of the phone.
I feel very badly for the businesses and individuals whose
phone numbers are being used by the unethical and
immoral scam artists.
anonymous (Tampa, United States) Sep 13 2014, 3:19 pm Post

SCAM -    They claim you have a virus in your computer & will then try to get you to give them access to your computer where they will then copy all information you have in it.    They claim they are with Windows, or Windows Service Center.
Greg (Fremont, United States) Sep 13 2014, 3:20 am Post

Read THE TRUTH! http://goo.gl/5erVX http://phonewiki.angelfire.com/reversereport.html about Home Energy Solutions
562-473-8928 *Unlisted or Unregistered number* RoboCall Scammers.
Caller ID reported ''EHES'' Location: spoofed
Landline/Mobile Provider: non existant
Switch Office: spoofed

Gypsy SCAM artists spoofed CallID to
FRAUD DataMine Phishing for ANY personal information! Callers claim to be from Home Energy Solutions, often disconnect after 5 rings, never leave a message. Returning the call results in their outgoing voicemail message ''You have reached Home Energy Solutions. If you received a call from us, we called about a green home investment program that provides discounts on energy costs. We apologize if our call inconvenienced you in any way. There is no need to call us back. We believe when we heal the earth we heal ourselves. Quote by David Orr. Again we apologies for missing you. If you would like to be placed on our do not call list please press 1. Please allow up to 30days for your number to be removed from our list.''
''Please enter a 10 digit telephone number.''[repeats until entered]
''The telephone number you have shown you are calling from is:'' ''Press 1 to enter this number on our do not call list, or press 2 to enter a different number'' call terminates on pressing 1.

I put my number in, and for a month they called me three times a week - I just added myself to their ''live suckers'' list.

Call type: Scammers/Fraudsters
Buster Phishscam (Long Beach, United States) Sep 12 2014, 7:31 pm Post

Keeps calling our place of business.    Have asked them repeatedly to stop calling.    They are very unprofessional.
FED UP (Chicago, United States) Sep 12 2014, 9:27 am Post

2011 SAY WE OWE NEVER HEARD OF THIS GUY    IS THIS    REAL OR FAKE     601-760-6220
ken.blackstock (Brandon, United States) Sep 11 2014, 8:22 pm Post

This is a political robo call
anonymous (Tampa, United States) Sep 11 2014, 2:59 pm Post

Just got a call from this number [0861000009] as soon as i picked up they hung up, they are barstards. thank god i have a answering machine and i screen all my calls as they dont even waiste there time    to even leaving a message at all .... Dumb Idiots ....

Tellows score for 0861000009 [5]
Explanation of score: 1 (trustworthy) to 9 (untrustworthy)
Details about this number 0861000009
Telephone number: 08610-00009
Owner and address: Details
City : Perth - Australia
(08) 6100 0009
Area Code: 08(Central and West Region)
City/Country: Perth, Australia
Jesspete24 (Melbourne, Australia) Sep 11 2014, 4:55 am Post

Best way to stop them is for you to keep agreeing a time for them to come round and then either don't answer the door or answer it and tell them that whoever they keep calling is winding them up - waste their time - they'll soon stop.
Guest (151.225.41.*) Sep 11 2014, 4:46 am Post

No idea who this is and is strange!
Guest (197.211.225.*) Sep 11 2014, 2:47 am Post

Just received and not happy
Mike (United Kingdom) Sep 10 2014, 12:26 pm Post

Alpha staff brighton (recruitment agency)
Guest (United Kingdom) Sep 10 2014, 11:08 am Post

This is some type of political call.    The message was
recorded and mostly garbled.    All I could hear was to vote
NO for something or other in the November election in
Pinellas County, FL.
anonymous (Tampa, United States) Sep 10 2014, 10:15 am Post

Just got my second call in two weeks from them.    How do you get on their do not call list?    Why ANYONE in this day and age would answer any questions from someone they do not know is beyond me.    This deal sounds like a gargantuan waste of tax money.
Guest (184.21.33.*) Sep 9 2014, 9:43 am Post

The "SCAM" name of the company is "BAYCORP". I talked to some Kiwi bird about a bill from Telstra that has to be paid, I am not even with Telstra!!    She threatened me with phone disconnection. Phone still rings after 6 weeks.
Dick (49.181.246.*) Nov 27 2013, 9:51 pm Post

The caller is located City : Melbourne, East (0398546000)
Details about this number 0398546000
Telephone number: 0398-546000
---------------------------------------------------------
Possible ways of writing the number 0398546000
* (0398)546000 * 0398-546000 * 001161398546000 * (001161398)546000 * 001161398/546000 * 001161398-546000 * +61398546000 * +(61398)546000 * +61398/546000 * +61398-546000
---------------------------------------------------------
Petrutz (Melbourne, Australia) Sep 8 2014, 10:15 pm Post

First time I got a call from this number, it was a guy talking smut. I hung up on him. That was this past March. Just got another call from the same number, a woman left a voicemail, but the volume was so low I couldn't make out what she was saying. Last time, I found an IP number associated with this number, and there were lots of links to it. One went to the Netherlands, a couple more were adult sites. Whitepages.com says it's an AT&T cell phone in L.A., with moderate spam activity suspected. NumberGuru.com says it's a New Cingular Wireless cell phone, with a 50% spammer score. Whocalls.us says it's in the City of Commerce, ZIP code 90017. Several people have gotten spam calls from this number; one poster on Whitepages said they believe a Magic Jack is being used to cover the caller's tracks, another poster, who identified herself as Pam, says it's her phone number and that she's not running a scam. What. Ever.
Michele (Orange, United States) Sep 8 2014, 7:21 pm Post

Name is Jenna and did not leave any other info
Guest (Canada) Nov 16 2012, 8:18 pm Post

they are on about a worthless check investigation    on the answering machine not going to bother to call the number back they left this number it was not recorded it is recorded on caller id as unknown. And they want me to call then back about a worthless check investigation.>> I tore a tag off my mattress too..
debido (Soldotna, United States) Sep 7 2014, 11:25 pm Post

Think he said his name was Andy and was calling to get my opinions in a survey.    Told him I didn't have time for that.    He tried to tell me it would only take a few minutes so I politely told him I really didn't have time and hung up.
P (United States) Sep 7 2014, 7:54 pm Post

WARNING!! Real Psycho. Harasses and threatens escorts all day long.    If you dont have rates that are cheap enough he gets very angry and gets psycho
Guest (Healdsburg, United States) Sep 6 2014, 3:37 pm Post

Wanting personal info and felt like some type of identity theft. Suspicious call and would not give nature of call. Careful with call!
Elizabeth (Hayward, United States) Sep 6 2014, 12:22 pm Post

Read THE TRUTH! http://goo.gl/5erVX http://phonewiki.angelfire.com/reversereport.html about Energy California
562-348-5784 *Unlisted or Unregistered number* RoboCall Scammers.
Caller ID reported ''California'' Location: spoofed
Landline/Mobile Provider: spoofed Switch Office: spoofed
Returning the call reports this error tone and message:
"We're sorry, your call can not be completed as dialed Please check the number…"

Gypsy SCAM artists spoofed CallID to
FRAUD DataMine Phishing for ANY personal information!
They know all about you and that you're on the
National Do-Not-Call List because it was the SOURCE of their call list!
Callers claim to be Energy California or other lies. If you contact them in any way, such as ''Take us off your list'' opt-out online or by dialing 1, 2 or 9 then you are instead validating that a human ear is responding to the Turing Test and placed permanently ON their SUCKERS LIST. Nowhere on the site is there a telephone number or address or even a way to engage their services = RED FLAG!

Call type: Scammers/Fraudsters
Buster Phishscam (Long Beach, United States) Sep 6 2014, 1:02 am Post

Excerpt from Yahoo Homes Article, " Don't fall for fall
home improvement scams", dated 9/5/14

Scam:    Cut your heating costs with a free energy audit.

" Con artists may advertise free energy audits, sometimes
mis-representing themselves as being from the local
utility.    The goal is to trick you into paying thousands of
dollars for items such as insulation or solar blankets for
your attic.    Another concern is that letting someone
you don't know into your home could be inviting theft
or even worse."
anonymous (Tampa, United States) Sep 5 2014, 7:22 pm Post

Caller is soliciting donations for Fl State Troopers.    This is
the 15th phone number that they have used for this
purpose in the past year.    The other phone numbers
are:    561-203-9983; 813-413-4999; 813-444-5672;
407-505-6426 (spoofed); 941-462-1008; 239-324-9740;
305-602-3079; 941-205-0061; 239-243-9481;
239-220-5920; 239-220-5918; 813-444-5677 (spoofed);
813-337-6414;
anonymous (Tampa, United States) Sep 5 2014, 6:34 pm Post

I don't know what type of call this was. I didn't answer because I didn't recognize the number and I figure if the call was important, the caller would have left a message, which they did not. Shame on the caller!
Shasta (United States) Sep 5 2014, 6:08 pm Post

Call centre that calls in behalf of some charity organisation.
Mike (Thatcham, United Kingdom) Sep 5 2014, 2:29 pm Post

The manner in which this    company does business with members of the public is more than just plain illegal, it's a scandal.
Banvanquis (London, United Kingdom) Sep 5 2014, 10:42 am Post

soliciting support (or not) of certain candidates in the
upcoming November election in florida.
anonymous (Tampa, United States) Sep 5 2014, 10:39 am Post

I called the DTR to see if they are a legitimate company.    They are not.    Hopefully they will find who these people are.
Thomas (Brooklyn, United States) Sep 5 2014, 9:24 am Post